Thursday, March 15, 2007

Alt Pick Deck



Alt Pick is a great resource of and for commercial artists, from photographers and illustrators to stylists and animators. They have just produced The Alternative Pick Deck of Cards, a fun promo full of talent and inspiration. It includes the work of Alicia Buelow, Jared Eastman, Elliott Golden and Alicia Vergel de Dios. I already placed an order. I just love projects that emphasize the idea of community and working together.

Some other online graphic design communities: Nice to Meet You is my current obsession for its killer design blog, Computer Love is also supplemented by a great blog, Designer ID takes a more professional approach, Die Gestalten is brimming with bookmarkables, Design is Kinky is of course a design star, Lounge 72 is an ezine with a nice pdf calendar that often makes it to my wall, All Maple is Canadian, and Coroflot is another which I often consult. These sites are great because not only do they introduce great artists, they are also perfect for networking, finding jobs, meeting other designers... promotion and inspiration, hand in hand!

Wow, that's a lot of links in just one post... but I couldn't leave any out; I use and like them all!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home