Monday, April 16, 2007

Marci Washington



I found out about Marci Washington through her contribution to Tiny Showcase a few weeks ago. I checked out her site and found the above image particularly irresistible. Twould be perfect to fill one of my blank walls. Her inspiration: Currently I am interested in building a fictional narrative with connections to history as well as to the present. It's like I'm illustrating a novel that doesn't exist. If it did, it would probably be a lot like Wuthering Heights, Jane Eyre, or Bleak House- novels which function as social commentary as well as beautiful romantic epics. I love. Love.

You can also find her art on sale at The Beholder, a great site that connects artists with a larger audience, outside of the gallery system.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Talk of the Town said...

it's beautiful. reminds me of a Japanese scarf I have.

19.4.07  
Blogger Camilla said...

I have a painting by Marci that is my number one thing to save in the event of a fire!

22.4.07  
Blogger ** Terramia ** said...

Simple beauty... mesmerizing in fact.

4.5.07  

Post a Comment

<< Home