Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Beckman's



I've seen paper folding before, I even have another post about it. But still, it draws my breath every time. So, of course, I was thrilled to fall upon this project by Olof Bruce, Tom Eriksson, and Liv Wadstrom. It is a pop-up book representing Italo Calvino's Invisible Cities. (I love Italo Calvino).

Anyway, the book was a student project while the three were studying at Beckman's College of Design in Sweden. The quality behind the work produced here is amazing. The courses cover advertising, graphic design, product design, and fashion. Even a quick glance offers a lot of inspiration.

One more quick note: I like how designers are embracing the idea of photographing their work in context, with people; it's informative, it adds an extra dimension, and it makes it more real.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home