Thursday, March 06, 2008

Kleenex & JWT



I know this campaign has been out forEVER, but I think it warrants a mention, as it continues to make me smile, even after seeing it a million times (and even though it may be totally choreographed). Yes I still love it. Why? They stepped away from those generic, safe guarantees that most commercials throw at us. This campaign says that viewers are emotional, and we want to experience and feel and share and connect. I think it hits a little deeper. But, at the same time, it makes sense for the brand. Tissue is naturally connected to crying. But it's not sad, it's a release.

The campaign was created by JWT. In reading about this campaign, the idea of advertisers as anthropologists kept coming up. I think this is a good example of that, although I am kind of tired of people in the design/marketing fields trying to rename themselves, creating bizarre titles.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just LOVE this ad! Everytime I see it I just about cry (: I swear it's totally real, but everyone tries to tell me it's acted out. It probably is, but I still love to think that it's genuine.

30.8.08  

Post a Comment

<< Home